Silverpop Security: Maximize Your Security & Integrity with Silverpop
No one wants to be the next victim of a hard-core cybercriminal. That’s where we come in. Companies that rely on the Internet, and have access to all kinds of customer information are routinely targeted by cybercriminals. Our commitment to security involves a multifaceted approach to mitigate risk and maximize security in support of data privacy and business continuity. In order to stay ahead of new threats, we are constantly evaluating and improving our applications, systems, and processes. Lessen your worries with Silverpop, knowing your integrity and security are fully intact.
Security Team and Operations Center
The Silverpop Security Team consists of a group of highly skilled security professionals who are leading the industry with the breadth and depth of their experience. We have a Security Operations Center, providing 24/7 security monitoring and support throughout the organization.
Silverpop’s Engage has powerful client security controls you can use to:
- Specify the IP addresses individual users are allowed to log in from; IP address validation, user-level IP address restriction and organizational-level IP address restriction
- Control user actions post-login with multiple permission levels, including:
- User interface access rights
- API access rights
- Individual access rights (add/update/delete contacts, export lists, etc.)
- Functional access rights (send mailings, view reports, administrative, etc.)
- File/Folder access rights
- Database access rights
- Configure password settings to mirror each client's own corporate security practices
- Require multi-factor authentication before granting user access to data
- Keep client data isolated in it its own database and separate from the application
- Provide an audit trail of user actions performed on the system and encrypt passwords
Additional Security Measures
Need even more security? Silverpop has created security measures outside of the application— specifically designed to prevent unauthorized access to the application and to client data. Listed below are additional security controls, implemented under these categories:
- Secure Architecture—The Silverpop enterprise network uses primarily Cisco and F5 networking equipment. Networking equipment is configured consistently with the manufacturers' best practices for operational stability and security. All networking equipment is owned and operated by Silverpop.
- Secure Transmissions and Sessions—Connection to the Silverpop environment is via SSL 3.0/TLS 1.0 ensuring that our users have a secure connection from their browsers to our service. Individual user sessions are identified and re-verified with each transaction, using a unique token created at login and two-factor authentication required for all communications with Silverpop data centers. We also restrict organizational-level access by IP address and SFTP and 128-bit encryption for FTP file transfers with additional VPN and PGP encryption protection available.
- Network Protection—Perimeter firewalls and edge routers block unused protocols and internal firewalls segregate traffic between the application and database tiers. Intrusion, prevention, and detection sensors report events to a security event management system for logging, alerts, and reports—internal access control lists segregate traffic between the application and database tiers. A third-party service provider regularly scans the network externally.
- Internal and Third-Party Testing Assessments—Silverpop tests all codes for security vulnerabilities before release, and regularly scans our network and systems for vulnerabilities. Third-party assessments are also conducted regularly.
- Monitoring—Our Information Security department monitors notification from various sources and alerts from internal systems to identify and manage threats.
- Data Centers—Our service is co-located in dedicated spaces at top-tier data centers.
- Disaster Recovery—Silverpop performs cross-data center replication for disaster recovery. Data is transmitted across encrypted links and disaster recovery tests verify our projected recovery times and the integrity of client data.
- Backups—All data is backed up to disk at each data center on a rotating schedule of incremental and full backups. Data is replicated to other data centers via an encrypted tunnel.
- Regulatory Compliance—Silverpop has Safe Harbor certification, and our data center providers have annual SAS70 Type II audits.