On July 30th, we're excited to share the new IBM Marketing Cloud 16.3 release.
Highlights of the release include:
- A simplified method to create omni-channel "flexible" databases that can serve as a single database for all of your marketing channels.
- The addition of an Automated Message Series blueprint to the Programs Blueprints gallery. The new blueprint allows an automated program to be created in the new or existing automation canvases and step intervals are fully customizable.
- For customers of Social Audiences, we've added Twitter to Facebook and Instagram as a supported social network to launch, manage and track social advertising campaigns
Release Timing for Pods 7 and 8
- EDT - New York: 9am until 10am Saturday, July 30th, 2016
- PDT - Los Angeles: 6am until 7am Saturday, July 30th, 2016
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time: 1pm until 2pm Saturday, July 30th, 2016
- BST - London: 2pm until 3pm Saturday, July 30th, 2016
- CET - Paris: 3pm until 4pm Saturday, July 30th, 2016
- AEST - Sydney: 11pm Saturday 30th July until midnight Sunday July 31st, 2016
Upcoming IBM Marketing Cloud Summer '16 Customer Webinars
Listen as our product team discusses how users of IBM Marketing Cloud can get the most out of the new features and functionality available in the new release.
Tuesday July 26th, 2016 10am - 11am EDT
Register for Webinar
Thursday August 4th, 2016 2pm - 3pm EDT
Register for Webinar
A full recording of the webinar will be made available on the Marketing Cloud Customer Community should you not be able to attend.
New IBM Marketing Cloud Release Naming Convention
In this release (and all subsequent releases) we'll be moving to a new release naming convention. The releases will follow a year.quarter naming convention so this release will be the IBM Marketing Cloud 16.3 Release (16 refers to the year and the 3 refers to the quarter of the release). This new naming convention brings us more in line with other IBM products and avoids some of the confusion around seasonal differences globally.
While your account is being upgraded, you will not be able to log in to your account and may notice some functionality is offline. Rest assured that your data is being captured and stored in the background, and processes will automatically resume once the deployment is complete. To view a list of "What to Expect During IBM Marketing Cloud Scheduled Maintenance," click here.
If you have additional questions, please contact our Client Support Team or your Relationship Manager or Specialist