My colleague, Chris S., forwarded me the Beloit College annual survey listing the worldviews of its incoming freshmen. Some of the items impact us as marketers and are very interesting. Here's a snapshot of the list:
18. They grew up with and have outgrown faxing as a means of communication.
19. "Google" has always been a verb.
20. Text messaging is their email.
36. They have rarely mailed anything using a stamp.
38. Being techno-savvy has always been inversely proportional to age.
Check out the full article here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060823/ap_on_re_us/mindset_list_glance