I wish you all could have known Stefan as I did – not just one of email marketing's strongest defenders but also someone who knew exactly how email marketers needed to evolve and grow to keep the channel strong in a multichannel marketing world.
When Stefan died suddenly in 2010, those of us who knew him as a consummate professional, friendly competitor and devoted husband, father and friend wanted to find a way to memorialize him.
What better way than to inspire marketers to reach higher, achieve more and take email marketing to the heights he knew it was capable of reaching?
Because Stefan was an early and enthusiastic supporter of the Email Experience Council (eec, now part of the DMA), we fellow eec members created the Stefan Pollard Email Marketer of the Year Award in his memory. I was humbled and honored to be the award's first recipient.
Now I chair the nominating committee for the 2014 awards and am seeking your nominations for exemplary email marketers who are not just staunch defenders of the channel but also have achieved remarkable success with email within their companies.
Whom to nominate? Maybe you know a marketer who turned a dying program into a revenue machine, who sends out a continuous stream of innovative emails or demands and delivers excellence in email every time.
Bottom line: If you look at what another email marketer has accomplished and think, "I wish I could do that," that’s the kind of person we're looking for.
For 2014, the eec has created two awards:
- The Stefan Pollard Email Marketer of the Year honors a brand-side marketer – somebody in the trenches of day-to-day email marketing – who exemplifies high achievement in email and a passionate belief in its possibilities.
- The Email Marketer Thought Leader of the Year (new this year) will honor an individual from an agency, technology vendor or consulting firm who has had a valuable impact on the email marketing industry in general or specific client’s program.
- Complimentary registration to the 2014 Email Evolution Conference, Jan. 22-24 in Miami
- Recognition at a special luncheon during the conference
- Elegant trophies
- A big boost in self-esteem thanks to the applause and honors from hundreds of their email colleagues, including the biggest and best-known names in the business.
Deadline: We need your nominations by Dec. 5, 2013. So, don't take too long to think of someone.
How to nominate: Click the link below for the award you want to participate in and fill out the form on the landing page.
The Stefan Pollard Email Marketer of the Year
The Email Marketer Thought Leader of the Year
One catch: You (or your employer) have to be an eec member in order to nominate someone, although your nominee does not. If you're passionate about email, you should be part of this group anyway.
I wish Stefan could have lived to see how far email has come in just the three years since he left us. This award is a fitting memorial to him as well as an excellent opportunity to celebrate the achievements of people who share his vision and passion.
Let's get nominating!
1) Ebook: “7 Emails Marketers Should Automate to Drive Massive ROI”
2) Video: “Happy Birthday Email Tips”
3) Blog: “20 Holiday Email Tweaks That Make Shopping Easier for Your Customers”