A recent IBM/Econsultancy study revealed a large “customer experience gap” between how companies perceive they are interacting with customers and how customers actually feel businesses are engaging with them. For marketers, the prospect that this gap could lead to increased customer churn, decreased brand loyalty and reduced revenue is a daunting one.
That’s why I’m so excited to share the news that this week at IBM Amplify, we announced additional features as well as new design and analytics capabilities as part of the IBM Marketing Cloud with the goal of helping marketers deliver exceptional experiences for customers across the buyer journey.
Without question, meeting the higher expectations of today’s customers is a tall order. Whether it’s an inability to get access to the data needed to create a single view of customers, challenges delivering relevant content in real time across channels, or no means to provide a consistent experience, many marketers lack the tools needed to foster rewarding customer interactions
This is where the IBM Marketing Cloud comes in. From email marketing and mobile customer engagement to analytics and lead nurturing – and much more -- it provides marketers with solutions to help enhance the customer experience. Built on the Silverpop Engage digital marketing platform, the IBM Marketing Cloud enables you to:
- Quickly design and automate consistent cross-channel experiences – email, mobile, web and social – that convert at a higher rate
- Make better marketing decisions and drive deeper customer engagement through embedded analytics
- Improve ROI and increase agility through a cloud-based digital marketing platform that integrates easily with other customer data sources and applications
By providing marketers with the tools for leveraging customer data, providing analytical insights and automating relevant cross-channel interactions, we hope to help marketers decrease the dreaded customer experience gap and more effectively attract new customers, encourage repeat business and turn customers into brand advocates.
For more information, please check out the video below and visit the IBM Marketing Cloud Web page.
1) Blog: “5 Ideas for Closing the Customer Experience Gap”
2) Tip Sheet: “10 Tips for Getting Started with Mobile App Push Notifications”
3) Ebook: “The New CMO Guide: A Handbook for Marketing Leaders”