Top 10 Resume Tips
Keeping Your Resume Relevant
1. Position the most relevant points first where they are most apt to be.
2. Highlight strengths most relevant to the specific job opportunity and role.
3. Use action words that will make your resume stand out.
4. Call attention to your achievements by including results and supporting data, versus an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
5. Your main selling points should be clear and easy to review.
6. Use bullet points with short sentences to structure the body of your resume.
7. Font size should be no smaller than 10 point and the length should not exceed 2 pages.
8. Update your resume frequently to ensure your most recent accomplishments are captured.
9. Do not include personal information regarding hobbies and outside activities.
10. Make sure your email address is one you check frequently and is not offensive to anyone.