Top 10 Interview Tips
Be in Control, Be Yourself
1. Be sure to look up your interviewees on LinkedIn and get to know whom you will be interviewing with. The more knowledgeable you are about the people you are meeting with, the more prepared you will feel.
2. Do some research on the company before the interview—check out our website, recent press releases, as well as recent media coverage we may have received.
3. Come prepared to ask questions to your interviewer(s). Be sure to ask questions that cover the company as well as the specific department you’re interviewing for.
4. Pay attention to the culture of the organization, and see how it fits with your specific personality and needs.
5. Be yourself.
6. Ask clarifying questions if the interviewer says something you don’t understand, or is confusing.
7. Make the interview as interactive as possible (versus question and answer).
8. Dress for success (don’t try to make a fashion statement).
9. If you want the position—ask for it.
10. Practice interviewing with someone before you come to the interview. Invite a mentor or a good friend to ask you some questions, so you can get into the comfort zone of interviewing.